Conta-nos um pouco a história do teu curly hair (essencialmente coisas negativas que juravas a pés juntos nunca mais cometer.
Quando eu era adolescente, não gostava do meu cabelo, e nunca tinha assumido de verdade. Sempre fazia penteados para esconder. Então eu resolvir alisar, essa foi a pior decisão, no comeco eu adorei, mais a química destruiu meu cabelo. Após alguns anos praticando o alisamento resolvi ter meu cabelo de volta, eu esperei mais de 2 anos para meu cabelo crescer, foi difícil a espera, mas agora estou muito feliz.
Alguma vez sofreste de bullying (por causa do teu cabelo) por parte de alguém?
Não exatamente, mas as pessoas me conheceram com o cabelo liso e depois me viram com o afro sempre perguntava o por quê que eu deixei meu afro, faziam piadas, e quando conversavam comigo não olhavam pro meu rosto e sim pro meu cabelo, não me sentia tão confortável.
Explica-nos os teus cuidados com o teu curly hair…
Eu tento não lavar todos os dias, por que procuro manter um pouco da oleosidade natural, já que nosso afro é mais seco do que os cabelos lisos. Sempre penteio durante o banho para não quebrar e machucar os fios, eles são muito fininhos, e fujo um pouco da exposição ao sol.
Existem regras que a Sociedade tem que ter perante o teu frô? (ex: NUNCA, DE FORMA ALGUMA, COLOCAR AS MÃOS NO MEU HAIIIRRR!!)
Tell us a little about the history of your curly hair (mostly negative things that you swear never to commit).
When I was a teenager, did not like my hair, and had never really assumed. Always did hairstyles to hide. So I decided to flatten, that was the worst decision at first I loved it, but the chemically destroyed my hair. After a few years practicing straightening I decided to have my hair back, I waited over 2 years to grow my hair, it was hard to wait, but now I am very happy.
Have you ever suffered from bullying (because of your hair) by someone?
Not exactly, but people knew me with straight hair and then saw me with afro and always asked why I left my african, made jokes, and when they talked to me did not look at my face but to my hair, I did not felt so comfortable.
Explain to us your care with your curly hair…
I try not to wash every day, because I try to keep a bit of natural oils, since our afro is more drier than straight hair. Always comb in the shower and I try to not break the wires, they are very skinny, and I run a little of sun exposure.
There are rules that society must have before your fro? (ex : NEVER , IN ANY WAY, PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY HAIIIRRR!)
I don’t care if a person asks gently touch my hair, but some people do not ask and comes directly touching my hair, don’t like, I think it’s a bit disrespectful.
Photos by Nick Dors
- houseofcosmos reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- carlospalmieri likes this
- ojayf reblogged this from pussypiffandpalmtrees
- ojayf likes this
- charlie-carmichael likes this
- theivyleaguegent likes this
- pussypiffandpalmtrees reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- 100nslb likes this
- hstmhoze likes this
- life-is-my-melody likes this
- tamzlavender reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- mybreakfromschool reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- sheluvsbball likes this
- skraightgangsterism likes this
- lovingmycurls reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- a-wink-in-tim reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- asyaizme likes this
- afrikanrootz likes this
- limepalmtree reblogged this from passion-desire-sweetlovin
- limepalmtree likes this
- passion-desire-sweetlovin reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- passion-desire-sweetlovin likes this
- african-pyrite likes this
- mybeautifulmultitudes likes this
- bohemianchickaaa likes this
- omega-night-traveller likes this
- afro5amurai likes this
- iloveyouthough likes this
- duhlay reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- bigpapij9 reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- parks-and-procreation reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide
- tatted66 likes this
- roboscuta likes this
- the-alist reblogged this from afrodesiacworldwide and added:
- 313313 likes this
- meyong likes this
- phdsoulsista likes this
- afrodesiacworldwide reblogged this from itspaulaalmeida
- afrodesiacworldwide likes this
- earth-fire-din likes this
- the-glitters-i-cried likes this
- kenyatta likes this
- shalenadr likes this
- missliqua reblogged this from curly-essence
- missliqua likes this
- blackfemalejesus likes this
- frogirlginny likes this
- daughter-of-k1ng likes this
- mikamydiamond likes this